with red ale ... optional
topped with (optional) crunchy bacon bites...
|some of the pumpkins sold at the Porta Palazzo market in Turin|
Its golden color will reactivate your solar and sacral plexus, totally warming you up from your inside out.
|Traditionally in Italy, we make risotto with our native grown short grain varieties|
- 1lb - 454 gr of gourd cut into small cubes
- If you like beer, red ale will give this risotto a whole new twist 😜 instead of using the classic white wine to sauté the rice
- Sizzle and cut into bites 4 bacon strips or 2 slices of cooked ham
- For vegans: you can use vegetable stock and butter substitute for the risotto base
- For vegans and vegetarians: leave out the bacon or ham
For the risotto basic recipe click here.
|risotto topped with crunchy ham by ricette.donnaecasa.it|
What to drink with this wintry risotto?
|risotto topped with bacon bites and robiola by Giallo Zaffeano|
- if you love beer, you should totally drink the same red ale or mild beer you used to sauté the rice. Turin has always had many breweries and Piedmont is home to many labels!
- if you are more into wine, we naturally recommend you choose some Piedmont wines to keep the terroir. If you like reds, pick some medium-bodied red wines like: Barbera, Dolcetto, Pelaverga . As for white wines: Arneis, Erbaluce, Gavi, Timorasso or even a dry bubbly one like: Alta Langa