- a pot with the lid to simmer the rice
- one amount of rice
- two amounts of water
- curry - as much as you like it
- raisins - as many as you please
- chopped nuts, hazelnuts add that extra Piedmont je ne sais quoi twist, but any nuts will do
- heavy cream or a vegetable fat source to allow the turmeric contained in the curry to be assimilated by your system
|rice paddies in the Vercelli area|
To fully benefit from the turmeric, you need to ingest it with some pepper and fat. Without these two ingredients our system doesn't retain it and simply flushes it away.
This is pretty much a fool proof recipe, rich in spices and super foods, that will provide instant relief especially in the cold weather.
Our opinion about the rice
|steamed short Italian rice grains|
Naturally, each rice variety is nutritionally different and cheap GMO rice isn't a good option no matter where you are.