As for the artichoke part, it is due to their similarity with the regular artichokes, but they really have nothing else in common because "J art" are a tuber like potatoes.
Since lentils are very versatile and rich in proteins we decided to honor the pigs and make a vegetarian loaf!
... just be warned that the ketchup maple syrup balsamic glaze is addictive so make extra!
C is for Cup
T is for Tablespoon
- 1 C of dry lentils
- 2 C of Jerusalem artichokes
- 3 C of cut and cleaned mushrooms
- 1/2 C of quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/2 C of walnuts
- 1/2 C of grounded oats or breadcrumbs or mixed seeds
- 2 large American eggs or 3 smaller European eggs
- 1.5 C of grated cheeses (we used Parmigiano Reggiano but any hard cheese will work too)
- 1T of finely chopped fresh ginger or 2T of garlic
- 1T of Dijon mustard
- 1T of soy sauce
- 1T Worcester sauce
- 1T of EVOO
- 1/4 T of salt
- black pepper as you like
- a generous sprinkle of all the dry herbs and spices you like the most, we used: nutmeg, curry, paprika, oregano, rosemary, turmeric and Magda Abu Fadil's Lebanese thyme 😍
For the glaze:
Oven 375F -190C for 25/30min