|Moncalvo main piazza isn't fully horizontal|
Conveniently located at about 1 hour driving from Turin and the Milan Malpensa airport, Moncalvo is surrounded by many wineries and interesting farms of any kind: slow food, natural, vegetable, animal, you name it, really.
|white and black truffles at La Bella Rosin restaurant in Moncalvo|
|Still Life with Flowers, Fruit, Mushroom, Goldfinch and Hoopoe by Orsola Caccia|
- the market takes place every Thursday morning and it is the largest in the Asti area
- every first Sunday of each month there is a vintage market where you can find antiques and family treaures
- on the 3rd Sunday of June you can taste the traditional Monferrato specialties at the Sagra (festival)
- a jazz festival in July in Piazza Carlo Alberto - section OFF of twin Montreaux Jazz Festival
- the Moncalvo truffle fair is on the last 2 Sundays of October
- many classical music concerts all year long
|More Cascina Rosa pictures here|
The rooms are very comfortable and decorated with a mix of country style and contemporary furniture; guests can use the kitchen if they wish to, so they can eat what they bought at the market and during their visits and tastings. Cascina Rosa also has a swimming-pool and the breakfasts have a large selection of sweet, savory and fruit specialties.
|Photo courtesy of www.cascinarosa33.it|