At great request dear amici, this post about Italian pharmacies will answer many of your questions about medical emergencies while traveling or living in Italy when you can't speak the language and don't have a family doctor because you don't have the resident status.
|Farmacia della Consolata dates back to 1510, Via delle Orfane 25/G|
Besides our many historical cafés, Turin also happens to have many historical pharmacies downtown, dating back to the 16th!
- Why do Italian hold on so tight to their local pharmacies?
|digital panel to find all pharmacy services and pharmacies on duty|
|info available in many languages: health is a human right|
|the list of the open pharmacies all around Turin with the map|
|see the little display case on the right? That's the list of the pharmacies on duty in Turin. |
This is Farmacia Algostino Demichelis founded in 1840 in Piazza Vittorio 10
- Whenever you come over, the Italian pharmacist becomes your best friend!
|Dr Carlo Ferrero, PharmD of Farmacia Collegiata founded in 1767 in Via del Carmine 1.|
When you go you'll find out that all his kids followed his footsteps and work with
him just like their 3 previous generations 😎
|the old sign of Farmacia Collegiata founded before 1500 and |
selling the purest drugs and galenic preparations
- Italian family doctors
|Regia Farmacia since 1824 behind Palazzo Reale / royal palace and|
in front of the Duomo where the Holy Shroud of Turin is preserved.
- However, what to do if you need a blood test, an HIV test or an X-ray?
|Dr Mattia Ferrero, PharmD in the lab of Farmacia Collegiata in Via del Carmine 1 |
while making a drug following a prescription.
- 10 historical pharmacies in Turin
|in Via Po by the Turin University|
- Regia Farmacia since 1824 by Duomo di San Lorenzo where the Shroud of Turin is preserved, behind the Royal Palace. Look at all their services here
- Regia Farmacia Masino since 1667 in Piazza San Carlo aka the living-room of Turin
- Farmacia Collegiata in Via del Carmine 1 since 1767
- Antica Farmacia Bosio in Via Garibaldi 26 opened since 1605, officially registered in 1715
- Farmacia della Consolata in Via delle Orfane 25/G since 1510!!
- Regia Farmacia Anglesio since 1682 in Via Milano 11
- Farmacia Algostino Demichelis since 1804 in Piazza Vittorio 10
- Farmacia Operti since 1830 in Piazza Vittorio 11
|Farmacia Bosio since 1605 in Via Garibaldi|